Hello readers, I’m sure you have seen your placement/ state where you have been posted to .Congratulations to those who got their choice and Good luck to those who didn’t.
Below are the UNNECESSARY THINGS PEOPLE TAKE TO NYSC and things you do not need in camp
- MATTRESS: Camp would provide that for everyone, so you don t have to take any there. It would be excess luggage and in most camps if you meet the wrong or maybe hungry (lol) officials it would be seized.
- CUTLERY: You might be surprised but yes, they seize them except spoons. Knives, fork and even metal spoons are seized because it is believed that otondo use them for negative things. …………
- SOPHISTICATED GADGETS Things like iPad galaxy tab, laptop etc. . These attract thieves and they are not necessary. In my previous post I said that you could take psp , games and novels in case you get bored. In fact for those who have blackberries, you do not need others. You could just take a smartphone to camp. At least the lesser you carry, the better for you to watch. It reduces the likelihood of it being stolen or misplaced or damaged.
- BIG/EXCESS LUGGAGE: There is no need to stress yourself in carrying things you won’t need. When you are packing, ensure you check my previous post on what to take. Those are necessities o. Also on your first day, you would have to be moving around with your luggage and God help you if yours is heavy. hmmm this is where OYO (on your own) wakes up. If you get the top bunk, you might not have space to store said suitcase. Think it’ll attract thieves. The more it looks like you have, the higher the chances you’ll be targeted for theft.
- PRESSING IRON: It would be seized from you and won’t get it back till camp is over. Also, most camps don’t have sockets in the rooms and some don’t even have electricity in the rooms allocated for corper.
- FOOD FLASK: During my time, it was useless to me because I didn’t eat camp food. I fed on almighty mammy food. lol . But when I got to camp, I did buy one but it ended up being useless to me.
- CAR: Why on earth would you take your car to camp? Are you trying to impress babes (for the guys) or oppress the officials?? It is not necessary. Some very strict camps would send you away or your tires would be deflated. It could be at a risk of being stolen.
- Boiling ring, iron, cutlery (don’t ask.)