Yes World sleep day / This is an annual event celebrated globally , intended to be a celebration of sleep and a call to action on important issues related to sleep, including medicine, education, social aspects and driving. It is organized by the World Sleep Day Committee of the World Association of Sleep Medicine (WASM) and aims to lessen the burden of sleep problems on society through better prevention and management of sleep disorder .
Events involving discussions, presentations of educational materials and exhibitions take place around the world and online. Sadly , today has not been declared a public holiday , so you no excuses.
So lets celebrate this day . You can inform your bosses that there is need for you to take a day off on Friday as the world will be sleeping and resting. Be rest assured that your termination letter is awaiting you on Monday. LOL
1. Healthy brains depend on healthy sleep
2. Healthy bodies depend on healthy sleep
3. Cozy sleep environment
4. Helping hand
5. Bedtime routine
6. Sleeping alone
- Do not take sleep disorder lightly (March 15 is World Sleep Day) (vancouverdesi.com)
- World Sleep Day (blogs.abc.net.au)
- Lack of sleep causes memory loss (confused.com)
- Celebrating a good night’s sleep (sciencelens.wordpress.com)
- Sleep problems? Scientists warn of possible early sign of Alzheimer’s (independent.co.uk)