8o years and still in love. John (101) and Ann Betar (97) of Fairfield, Connecticut, tied the knot on Nov. 25, 1932. They’ve been happily married for over 80 years now. Together they have five children, 14 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren. They have been named the longest married couple in the U.S.
John and Ann Betar told ABC News that they considered themselves “blessed.”
“We are very fortunate. It can be repeated and repeated,” Ann, 97, said “It is unconditional love and understanding. We have had that. We consider it a blessing.”
They said their secret to so many happy years together is simple: compromise and don’t hold a grudge.
- They did: Couple married for 80 years sets record (gma.yahoo.com)
- John and Ann Betar longest married couple (wjla.com)
- Meet America’s longest married couple. 80 years and counting… (rewindonnet.wordpress.com)
- Longest-married couple in the U.S. celebrates more than 80 years together (newsday.com)
- Longest-Married Couple in U.S. Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary (4goodnews.wordpress.com)
- 80 Yrs Later,Still Married (foxnews.com)