In our country today there are many styles that work for we men that make us fashionable and fresh but I know of no other dressing that makes a man drop dead gorgeous than a man wearing a suit.
Lord knows I have had my fair share of stares and compliments when I decide to drop my engineering background in dressing and go for the formal look.
Going to buy a suit or sewing a bespoke suit is not enough if you don’t know the rules governing how to wear a suit and make Alexander Skaarsgard look like child’s play.
Here are a few unspoken rules that govern the suit game which every man out there should know;
8 Unwritten Suits Rules
- When buying a suit, the most important thing to check for is how the shoulders fit.
- Always unbutton your suit before sitting down, or you risk ruining it.
- The width of the tie should match the width of the lapel.
- The suit jacket should be just long enough to cover your trouser zipper and butt.
- Thin lapels are the way to go if you want to achieve a modern look. Wide lapels are more old school.
- Your pocket square should not match your tie in either pattern or fabric choice (Groomsmen and Groom take note).
- Unless you are going for a funeral or black tie events, charcoal or gray suits are the way to grow.
- Your belt should be fairly thin and the same color as your shoes.
- Double vents in the back are more modern and fashionable especially when you want to go for the hand in pocket pose.
Now you know the rules, now go into the world and sin no more gentlemen and stay slaying.
Thanks to buzzfeed for the tips.
Yours Truly in the struggle,