Precisely 4:24pm , the royal baby arrived earth in a grand style . Kate Middleton , Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince William gave birth to the future king of England at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington around 4.24pm, Monday July 22nd with her husband, Prince William by her side. The baby is weighing 8 pounds 6 ounces. The same ward where prince William was also born.
A name has not yet been announced for the child, who is now third in line to the throne. She experienced a normal labor.
The duchess and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, traveled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary’s Hospital, his office at Clarence House announced at 7:37 a.m. Monday (2:37 a.m. ET.) Kensington Palace issued a progress report about 90 minutes later.The hospital, next to Paddington Station in London, is where William and his brother Prince Harry were born.
The duchess’ mother, Carole Middleton, was expected to be on hand at the hospital. The baby’s name will not be announced when its and birth weight are posted on a notice board at Buckingham Palace, a Kensington Palace spokesman said. A formal press release containing details of the birth will be issued shortly before the formal signed announcement leaves the hospital, on its way to Buckingham Palace.
The baby’s name may be announced when the family leaves the hospital, CNN royal correspondent Max Foster reported. Prince William’s name was announced a few days after birth, his brother Harry’s on departure from hospital.
- Duchess of Cambridge Goes Into Labour (nataliesombo.wordpress.com)
- Prince William, Duchess of Cambridge welcome baby boy (wgntv.com)
- It’s a boy, Kensington Palace announces royal birth (euronews.com)
- It’s A Boy! Royal Couple Welcomes First Child (whnt.com)
- It’s a boy! Catherine gives birth to royal baby (fox5sandiego.com)
- Royal Baby LATEST: Kate Middleton Admitted To Hospital, Palace Confirms (marieclaire.co.uk)